Tuesday, March 04, 2008

This Latest Breakfast Ride

So Saturday was out of control beautiful. People came out of their homes and GOT OUT THEIR BIKES!

Even Richard, one of our customers (who works at another shop in town (WINK WINK)) rode his bike 100 miles on Saturday. He got a sunburn, too.

But then we all went to bed in the 45 degree evening with visions of Spring and Summer fun. Poof! Snow again.

I put on my snow gear at 7:15am and started on my way. The big grumpies started to come out half way to the shop because my ready-for-spring fingers were chilly (poor baby) and my face wanted a balaclava again. Turning the corner to the shop alley, I could not believe my eyes...

3 cyclists ready for a ride to get some breakfast. We all went inside and warmed up. More people showed and came in. Then some more... We finally got to 10 before we decided to leave for Snooze. Like the rock stars we should be treated like, we were rewarded for our heroics with quick seating and amazing eating. We finished up and headed back for Metropolis for some more vibration inducing beverages and ran with the day.

Thank you to the tough folks who braved the cold and snow and depression to make a great ride.

2 comments:

jimmyjam said...

Thank you, Scott for organizing the ritual and forming this great community.

Chris said...

I need to get off my ass and start doing those rides.